In ‘Colour The Past’ Krakota simultaneously tugs at the heartstrings and hits hard in the face with vocals brought by new finding Karina Ramage. The French-Scottish-English songwriter was a surprise find by label boss Chris Goss as he discovered her busking on London’s South Bank. Another clear highlight is his partnering with our second label boss for ‘Powder Coated’ - the perfect mix of London Elektricity soul and Krakota power.
‘Half Life’ is a reminder back to the massive dancefloor damage caused by ‘Ice Hands’, ‘Ghosts’ and ‘Xylo’ last year. Its gritty split of siren calls and deep bouncing bass hits in all the right places. Krakota's musical edge shows in ‘Elastic’ with funk flare and horns hailing. ‘North Winds’ and ‘Turn of Fate’ blend arcade style synth work with crackles of white noise.
A consistently brilliant producer, Krakota’s carved out his own style over the past few years getting his name noticed on dancefloors around the UK and Europe. He's received support from the likes of BBC Radio 1's Friction and well remembered for his tear out live mix on BBC Radio 1Xtra's Soundclash in 2015. His solitary stance in the drum & bass world has been making waves and that’s sure to continue with his outstanding debut album ‘Strange System’.
1. [05:14] Krakota - North Winds
2. [05:05] Krakota - Colour The Past (feat. Karina Ramage)Krakota5:05£0.79
3. [05:19] Krakota - Samphire
4. [06:32] Krakota - Xylo
5. [04:24] Krakota - Turn Of Fate
6. [05:25] Krakota - Powder Coated
7. [04:55] Krakota - In The Area
8. [04:27] Krakota - Half Life
9. [03:50] Krakota - Elastic
10. [04:37] Krakota - Carmine
11. [04:31] Krakota - Meridian
12. [04:14] Krakota - Weirdos & Creepers
13. [04:30] Krakota - End of the Line (feat Benji Clements)13End Of The Line (feat. Benji Clements)
14. [06:07] Krakota - Sea Air
15. [41:24] Krakota - Strange System (Continuous DJ Mix)